ADVOCACY & CAMPAIGNING
Held every year on 20 June, World Refugee Day marks a key moment to commemorate the strength, courage and perseverance of millions of refugees. One in every 113 people have been forced to flee their homes because of war or persecution. More than just numbers – they are all individual people with dreams for their families. Behind the statistics are children who want to go to school but cannot. Or they’re mothers who are still wondering if their sons and daughters are still alive. They’re fathers who are wondering how to provide for their family’s future.
Caritas believes that it is a scandal that nearly a billion people are hungry in a world that has enough resources to feed everyone. Launched in December 2013, the One Human Family, Food for All campaign aimed to:
- Raise awareness of the hunger crises
- Explore how Caritas programmes are helping families feed themselves
- Encourage people to learn more about hunger and ways to solve it
- Call on governments around the world to guarantee a right to food for all
- End systemic hunger by 2025